High Gravity Brewing or HGB Brewing is understood as a brewing process, where the original extract (%OE) in the beer is reduced by addition of gravity liquor (de-aerated water) at filtration stage. This technique allows you to brew a larger batch size without buying larger brewing and fermenting equipment
1. Higher utilization of brewing equipment, brewhouse, fermenting tanks.
2. Higher capacity, non HGB plant can be obtained at a lower capital expenditure.
3. More accurate adjustment of Sales Gravity in the final beer.
4. Lower beer loss during the beer production procedure because more water can be used for flushing at beer transfer.
5. Improved flavor, more fruity and estery flavors in the beer (%Plato should be lower than 15% P).
6. More settles out more protein tannin complexes, more chemical stability.